Cold-pressed from the peel of fresh limes, dōTERRA Lime essential oil is refreshing and energizing in both aroma and taste. Limes are frequently used in entrees and beverages for their fresh, citrus flavor. In the 18th century, British sailors drank lime juice daily to prevent scurvy while at sea, thus giving British seamen the nickname “Limeys.” Lime essential oil contains powerful antioxidants that ward off free radicals and enhance immunity. Due to its high limonene content, Lime provides internal cleaning benefits and can be diffused to help purify the air. It’s also an effective and natural surface cleaner. Lime is known for its ability to uplift mood, and balance and energize the mind and body. Lime is frequently used is facial and body cleansers for its purifying properties and uplifting scent.
- A powerful antioxidant that supports healthy immune function.
- Positively affects mood with stimulating and refreshing properties.
- Used as an aromatic, topical, and internal cleaner.
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being.
Tips from dōTERRA:
- Diffuse to cleanse the air and uplift your mood.
- Put some Lime on a cotton pad to help remove grease spots and sticker residue.
- Add a drop of Lime to your drinking water for enhanced flavor and antioxidants.
- Add 1 drop to your facial cleanser or shampoo for added cleansing properties.
- Add 1-2 drops to help keep fruits from turning brown.
- Don’t have a fresh lime lying around the house when you need it? No problem! Just add Lime essential oil to your favorite recipes when they call for lime juice. You don’t need very much. Start with 1 drop and then add more as needed. Try Lime essential oil instead of lime juice the next time you make salsa or guacamole.
- Rub your tarnished silver with Lime essential oil to restore its beauty.
Tips from our Fans:
- “Pour honey and Lime EO over fruit! So delicious!” – Melonie Bitsoi Larsen
- “I love to put Lime in my beans when I am cooking. I also enjoy diffusing Lime and Cypress together. Smells so yummy!” – Ashtin Appel Hart
- “I add [Lemon essential oil] to water. I gave up soda a while ago, but my family is not all on board yet. Sometimes I mix Lime, Lemon, and Orange together in a large pitcher with ice, and they can’t resist! Also, if you drink cranberry juice, add a drop of Lime … prepare to be AMAZED!!!” – Dacia Randall
- “I like to diffuse it with Wild Orange—smells fantastic and boosts my mood every time!” – Kristi Hotton
- “Add it with Lavender essential oil and coconut oil for an uplifting, yet relaxing massage blend.” – Tracy Arnold
- “I diffuse Breathe and Lime every night to [help my respiratory system]. Also great in Coconut Macaroon cookies! YUM!” – Pam Butler
- “I put a small amount of Lime and cilantro in good Greek yogurt to make a dip for veggies.” – Teresa Gray