This article is intended to help you learn how to get rid of fluid retention using essential oils healthier and successfully.
I don’t think anyone will deny that there are many factors regarding the causes of water retention in women such as lack of exercise, unhealthy diet, unhealthy lifestyle, the menopause or illness. However if you are going through the process of changing your lifestyle but found that water retention is still an issue, let me suggest essential oils as a part of the solution.
The body is comprised of roughly 60% water in a healthy body there is about 3 litres of water within the blood; 25 litres of this water is within the cells of the body with another 12 litres found in the lymph fluid.
The main problem for water retention can be found in the system that moves the water between the blood and the lymph. This distrupts the bodies balence and creates water retention and swelling, your body health and balence will be massively improved by using essential oils, below I have made some suggestion on blends, recipes and uses.
Essential oils for water retention
Essential oils for water retention can work very well in getting the balance back to the norm. I would suggest adding essential oils for water retention to coconut oil or cream, which is then rubbed gently onto the affected areas upwards towards the heart.
- Add 12 – 15 drops of essential oil blend to 30 ml (1 oz.) of carrier oil.
- Add 6 – 10 drops of essential oil blend into a bath or foot bath (if only the ankles are involved)
Essential oils for swollen ankles
From personal experience of my wife, who got swollen ankles after an illness found that Peppermint oil worked really well. In fact it worked so well that she uses Pepperment oil on her horse for its swollen ankles.
Here is a list of essential oils for water retention which could be considered regarding fluid retention:
- Juniper Berry essential oil – has diuretic properties
- Lavender essential oil – has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties
- Fennel essential oil – has diuretic properties
- Geranium essential oil – has diuretic properties
- Cypress essential oil – has diuretic properties
- Rosemary essential oil – has diuretic properties
- Grapefruit essential oil – has diuretic properties
- Peppermints essential oil – has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties
Do make sure that you take into consideration any possible contraindications such as pregnancy with the oils used.
Essential oils for water retention recipes
1 drop of Rosemary, 3 drops of Geranium and 2 drops of Fennel
3 drops of Juniper, 1 drop of Lavender and 2 drops of Grapefruit
2 drops of Juniper, 2 drops of Cypress and 2 drops of Fennel
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration in any country. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Disclosure: We are a professional review site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.