So, you and your family are considering moving to Spain from UK for the sun and a new start, but what are you going to do for a living?
Its been our dream of moving to Spain from UK for many years and at the moment we are going through the process of doing just that, but as many expats realize quite quickly, even though there are many cheap homes in Spain waiting to be snapped up for sale or rental, the more difficult issue is that jobs in Spain for English speakers is hard to come by.
After months of doing the typical job search in Spain, we realized that unless we wanted to do very poorly paid seasonal work or telesales we would always find it difficult to find the job or earnings that we would need for moving to Spain from UK.
So, what is the solution to making an income when moving to Spain from UK
Working from home in Spain is in my opinion the best solution, mainly because you get to choose your hours, you are close to your family, there is no expenses such as driving to work, no need for renting an office / workspace or needing to learn Spanish enough to work in a Spanish work environment.
However, there are a few rules you should consider before jumping into any home business in Spain.
- You should avoid any scheme that tells you that you will get rich quick. Usually the only people to get rich quick are those that are advertising the scheme.
- Consider, product based businesses where there is a possibility to earn straight away by simply selling products directly to the customer or online
- Opt for high-end products, because the profits and earnings are higher and there are already many cheap products available in Spain.
- Keep your monthly costs as low as possible by using a business that have no monthly fees. (We personally use one and it reduces the stress when you are just beginning your business) – Click here for details
- If you have access to the internet then your scope for an extra income from working from home in Spain is vastly improved.
- The use of an online shop will give you a customer base that goes globally, so in reality you could run your business from anywhere.
- Most businesses that can be set up in a matter of minutes and they genuinely work and the startup costs are normally quite small for example 30 – 50€.
The reality of working from home in Spain
The fact working from home in Spain is not a big problems providing that you do not do anything to upset your neighbours or illegal. Some rental contracts state that you cannot run a business from the property, but this can be solved by discussing the issue with the owner or finding a property that allows office type business from the home property. However, regardless where your business is, if you are running a business from home then, by law you need to be self-employed for tax purposes.
There are many people living and working from home in Spain as self-employed which is legal but you must be registered as self-employed and be paying tax and social security.
For more information about the best business for working from home in Spain – Click here or PM me and I will get back to you asap….