Lavender Doterra oil is known for its fresh sweet smell and soothing, refreshing, herbaceous aroma.
Since it is one of the most versatile oil, it is a must to have product in every home. This herb is an adaptogen, which can seamlessly assist the body during stress or imbalances. The balancing properties of the oil help in boosting stamina and energy and hence is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime. The lavender Doterra oil works impeccably for the skin. It helps in soothing common cuts, bruises and skin irritations. In addition to Lavender essential oil benefits in health and wellness, this oil can also be used as a flavor in food to enhance taste.
Tips on the benefits of Doterra lavender essential oil
- For minor burns, just apply 2-3 drops of this lavender Doterra oil on the affected area. It will help in soothing the skin and also preventing blisters.
- You can also consider adding a few drops of the oil on a cotton ball and placing it in a chest or drawer. This will keep your linens scented and safe as it also acts a repellent against insects and moths.
- To moisturize the skin, you can rub a few drops of lavender Doterra oil on dry or chapped skin.
- This oil works wonders for treating scars or any marks on the skin. In order to minimize the appearance of a scar, massage the lavender Doterra oil on the affected area daily for a few seconds to see results in few weeks.
- Deodorize and freshen your laundry by adding a few drops of lavender Doterra oil on wet clothes are in the dryer tub.
- You can also use it for children that suffer from insomnia. Rub a few drops on your hand and spread it on your child’s pillow to help him/her sleep well.
- You can also diffuse the oil in the air, which will help you to calm your mood and body after a long tiring work day.
Doterra lavender oil uses?
Similar to various other essential oils, this oil can also be applied topically, used in diet or for aromatherapy. There are not any known effects of this oil on the skin, but people with sensitive skin should always dilute this oil with carrier oil such as coconut or olive. In fact, it is also recommended to conduct a skin patch test by applying this oil on a patch of skin and if you feel any kind of sensitivity or irritation, immediately stop its usage.
If you are pregnant or undergoing treatments, before using this oil, consult your physician. This oil is also safe for children that are over 2 years of age.
It is recommended to use only therapeutic grade essential oils to yield impeccable results, which can be purchased from authorized Doterra online stores. If you search online, you can find a list of providers that deal in the sale of only therapeutic grade oils. However, before making a purchase, it is suggested to read some of the reviews posted by previous buyers. This will assist you in making an informed decision.